[RESOLVED] Default.png dimension for Android

1 reply [Last post]
Naomi
User offline. Last seen 1 year 9 weeks ago. Offline

RESOLVED:

I just saw this: http://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/buildSettings/index.html

And it shows a list of Default.png for Android. And there are four of them. Cool.

Naomi

----------------------------
I used 640x1140 for Default.png in my previous letter boxed app I built for Android, but now that more devices are available, I'm wondering what might be a better dimension I should use for my latest project, which is letter boxed too.

I scanned through this, but I'm still not quite sure.

I read the advice given in this thread, but I'd rather add a single Default.png and go with it -- at least for now.

So, what do you think is the optimum dimension that would probably cover most Android devices? I'd probably pick larger size over smaller size, but what makes a good compromise in terms of height & width ratio based on experience? I'd so appreciate hearing any and all thoughts on this.

Naomi

Edit: I'm leaning towards 1152x1920, but would that cause some Android device to crash? Is it too big?

Replies

Naomi
User offline. Last seen 1 year 9 weeks ago. Offline

Viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.