Building for Android Challenges

4 replies [Last post]
ajapathetortoise
User offline. Last seen 4 years 1 day ago. Offline

Hello,

Please i NEED serious help i am working with a MAC and i just used Kwiksher plugin in photoshop to develop an app. I want to build for android. I was using corona 2012 .971 dmg but it has been CRASHING of late.

When i get to build it returns no apk to the destination file.

I have used keytool to generate my keystore already please what am i doing wrong

I have just installed the latest build of corona sdk 2013. 1050.dmg in the process of getting the latest version of xcode because when i build it doesnt work no sound no buttons are working i am using xcode 4.51(guess i have to upgrade that too.

And that means i have to upgrade my OS *sigh* :(

it is really frustating

I NEED URGENT help i need someone to put me through all this.

Replies

Rob Miracle
User offline. Last seen 16 hours 2 min ago. Offline
Staff

What errors are you getting?

Are you saying Corona isn't producing a .apk file?

Have you tried building using the debug keystore?

ajapathetortoise

YESSS, it is not building a .apk.

Yesterday wen i used the the debug keystore it worked all off a sudden today it did not work with my keystore or the debug. i am in the process of upgrading to the new xcode now.

Rob Miracle
User offline. Last seen 16 hours 2 min ago. Offline
Staff

I don't believe that Xcode is used anywhere in the Android APK building process. You're possibly chasing a red herring there, but it won't hurt to have the latest version of Xcode for other things. Have you made any other changes to your computer? Upgraded eclipse, moved some files around or anything else that would cause this?

Are you able to build any of the sample projects?

ajapathetortoise

So so true Rob i was chasing a red herring, i checked the error on the corona terminal it figures it was looking for icon _ldp.png in the build folder (that was all) *covers face* issue has been fixed i have been able to build and its now on Google play. If anything shows up i would inform you.

Thanks for the support

Viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.