Audio not working after playing Video on Kindle Fire

2 replies [Last post]
guy9
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

Here is the use case - I play audio file (streaming music.ogg) and it plays fine. I stop audio file to play a video (.mp4). Video plays. I then start music again (music.ogg) on Video Complete Event and nothing plays. (This all works fine on the simulator). If I wait just a little longer and try to audio - it works fine.

If I don't stop the music and let kindle silence it while the video runs - it starts back up okay. I don't like this because it does not fade in and out.

Replies

Rob Miracle
User offline. Last seen 22 hours 36 min ago. Offline
Staff

Android devices suspend your app and play your video in another app. Are you pausing your audio on suspend and resuming on that event?

guy9
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

I have tried stopping and pausing - both do not work. The only thing that works so far is not stopping the music and letting it just resume on return or waiting a little longer on the return (after user input) and starting the music.

I trigger the music restart on a video complete event from the media.playVideo function. Is there a different event I should use? It seems like this one might be premature for the call.

Viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.