FusePowered

Introduction thread!

24 replies [Last post]
batgirl717111
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

hey ladies!
cool to see a forum to gather up the girl devs!

i'm batgirl717111 (in #corona all the time), illustrator and web designer turned app maker from nyc. i just released my first app Mermaid Fashion Show for iOS/Android this june and am working on my second.

post your name and about yourself below! and your apps of course!
nice to meet you in advance! :)

Replies

rajeswarij
User offline. Last seen 2 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,
I am a newbie. I have a doubt. What should be the format of my web service response...xml/json/table....?????
if i can have table, then is loadstring supported() in corona sdk????

mobileapplover
User offline. Last seen 2 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

Hello batgirl717111, my name is Patricia Hall and I am working as Mobile App Developer at Mobile Application Development Services. If you have any question in my industry so, I can fully try to solve it. Glad to meet you.

mobile application development india

batgirl717111

rajeswarij: sorry, i'm not sure- try asking in the tech support forums, you'll get a better and quicker answer! :)

Patricia: nice to meet you! :) are you a dev as well? very cool! where is Mobile Application Development Services- is it a US company?

Inna Treyger
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi ladies! Thanks for joining the group - very exciting to have a place for women in dev. :-)

Also, we're looking for female teen developers who use Corona SDK for a story. If you know of anyone, please shoot me an email: innaATcoronalabs.com.

Thanks so much!
Inna

jen.looper

hi everyone!

Jen here; my indie company is LadeezFirstMedia and I'm the Boston CoronaSDK Ambassador. I appreciate what CoronaLabs has done to make the community welcoming. Inna and Peach are great representatives! I think it's very good for everyone to see that women can be tech leads as well as anyone.

I also think that women developers might be particularly interested in creating educational apps and apps for children; I have a little e-book published (Le Petit Champignon) which my daughter illustrated, just as a proof of concept, and am working on a kickstarter-funded language learning game called iZhongWen. Please visit my website at http://www.ladeezfirstmedia.com and connect! If you are in Boston, please come to our meet up!

best,
Jen

jen.looper

Batgirl, Mermaid FashionShow is fantastic! Love your style. :D

tm7
User offline. Last seen 2 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Everyone!

Im really excited to see this forum, even tho im not an app developer my job is 100% related to developers and its great to see theres so many girls out there taking over this arena :)

My name is Tatiana and im a partner developer for Tapit!. Part of my job is to find quality Mobile inventory and start partnerships, and i think it would be great to work with girls for a change !! If you have apps on the market or in developing, i would love to hear from you. We have a corona pluggin to make the process very simple :)

Please email me at tm@tapit.com
or add me to skype tapit.tati

zoobuffalo
User offline. Last seen 2 years 13 hours ago. Offline

hey ladies!
i'm emma, a flash developer from NYC - I started out making native android apps and have recently made my first corona app - kegel kat, which is a port of the android version. i also make apps using flash - currently weighing up the pros and cons of each different way of doing things :) i must say, corona was very easy to pick up and get started with! and agreed, batgirl - your app is so super-cute! congrats - look forward to seeing what you do next. do you get to any app meetups in NYC at all?
nice to meet you all!
emma.

batgirl717111

Wow, this place filled up with chicks fast! awesome! :D

Thanks Inna for starting it up!

Jen, thanks so much for the compliments! :D Your apps look awesome, great to hear you're working on kids & educational too! (I could have used your practice-time app as a kid! ;))

tm7, ladies in the tech arena totally still count ^_^ I don't have ads running at the moment, but if I need any I'll be sure to call you first!

Emma- great to meet you, another lady dev from new york, how awesome! kegel kat is adorable and such a fun idea!! i haven't gone to any meetups yet- the one group i saw had a bunch of members but no meetups. what group do you attend? i'd love to check it out! alternatively, we could grab coffee in the city sometime and chat apps! :)

Kimberly Horne
User offline. Last seen 2 years 1 week ago. Offline

Allo! My name is Kim Horne and I've been using Corona for just under a year now (but have been doing mobile development off and on for going on 13 years now - shudder) I'm one of the two developers working on Little Generals, a Corona game that was launched several months ago. Just recently we've launched an online MP version of the app - getting networked physics to work in Corona was difficult, but not nearly as difficult as it would have been to do it natively.

jen.looper

hi everyone! I wanted to announce my new app, iZhongWen, a language learning application to help kids, young adults, and really anyone to learn conversational Chinese language. Please do take a look!

iZhongWen: just launched in the App store!

best,
Jen Looper
http://www.ladeezfirstmedia.com

zoobuffalo

i haven't actually made it to any meet-ups either :) but coffee sounds like fun (is there a way to send PMs on this forum??) :)

ramtam

Oh how cool :)

Hi everyone! I'm Tamara, I'm a general artist working in mobile development since 2005 (nintendo DS/GBA and now IOS and Android), I'm currently working out of San Francisco which is loaded with developers, and it's a blast!!

Nice to meet all of you :)

batgirl717111

hey ladies!
emmaj, coffee sounds great! drop me an email :) apps@lauratallardy.com and we'll get something set up!

jen, congrats on your launched app!!! it looks awesome- i'll have to download a copy and check it out! :)

tamara, nice to meet you! :) another artist, how cool!!! do you do all art and graphics for mobile gaming for an agency/company/studio or freelance? i am totally fascinated with video game & concept art, but landed in the editorial/book illustration world for work (plus a lot seems to be california-based, and i'm out in nyc). i LOVE doing art for apps tho- so much more fun. how did you get started in the biz? can we see some of your artwork? :)

ramtam

Nice to meet you also ^_^
I do work in mobile for a company, but I also freelance on my own time- actually really wanted to be a comic artist when I was growing up but fell in love with video games, but I also really love children's media! Very cool to meet a fellow artist!
I guess I kind of got into it the "regular way" graduated, pounded people with my resume until I snatched up a job :P, started out in mobile development back in 2005 (back then all the craze was DS and GBA) then got into IOS in 2008 and more recently Android, so I guess I've always been a mobile girl

Here's my portfolio: www.vectorgurl.com
and some of my kiddy related stuff in my little online store w00t :) www.kyooms.com

I checked out your site too, super cute, I see you're really into children's media as well, that's awesome, maybe we could collaborate sometime! :)

Glad to see all the women in the thread!!

zoobuffalo

ramtam - your portfolio blew me away - the monster stuff in particular is SO great! i'm bookmarking you - might be in touch soon for some app artwork! :)

jen.looper

hi Ladies,

I wonder if anyone would be interested in rating my app? I can rate yours, of course, happy to do so. Mine is free to try, 99 cents fore 4 more levels; you can try it for free and get an idea how it works.

I'd be grateful. It's iZhongWen in the App store.

thanks,
Jen

forbiddenclay
User offline. Last seen 1 year 47 weeks ago. Offline

Hi everyone! I'm VERY new to mobile app development, even to programming in general. I actually started with python, and am trying to figure out where I'm going. I homeschool, and my kids are wanting to develop an adventure game as a project... so here is mom trying to figure things out! LOL!!

I actually make goat's milk soap for a living, so I'm really the odd ball here :) I just wanted to say hey, and how cool it is to meet the lady developers!!!! I hope to become one of you here soon.
I am artistic, used to sculpt and draw, but I've never REALLY did graphics professionally or anything. My daughter is wanting to do graphics for our game when we get to that point... so that should be fun and exciting! Anyway... nice to meet everyone! *waves*

ramtam

Thank you so much Zoobuffalo!

Hope everyone is having an awesome Halloween, and if you're not in the U.S having an awesome time either way ;)

emmawatsom99
User offline. Last seen 2 years 5 days ago. Offline

Hello friens...
I'm new member of this forum.....
I also think that women developers might be particularly interested in creating educational app. If you have any question so rply...

evelynz
User offline. Last seen 1 year 40 weeks ago. Offline

Aloha from the beautiful island of Maui in Hawaii. I've been a software developer (jack of all trades and master of none) on and off for about two decades now. Been teaching high school for 6 years, and recently figured out what mobile app was calling my name to develop. So here I am! TTYL

mobymom
User offline. Last seen 1 year 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hi ladies - great to see this forum area. I've been kicking around computerdom for what seems like a century. I'm an SEO/SEM by trade and my clients support my hardcore app writing addiction. I've always been a teacher of one sort or another - teaching clients how to use their programs, home schooling one of my kids - so it was natural for me to take a look at the children's app market.

I am overwhelmed at the number of apps that do not take advantage of the hardware. I mean doing a "Read To Me" or making an apple tree shake when you touch it is just barely scratching the surface of what is possible!

So I'm writing books that teach non violent solutions to problems. That hopefully will teach kids critical thinking skills and problem solving. I'm writing "text books" the way I think we will see them in the future - with interactivity being more than just an embedded video clip. In short books and games that teach the most important game of life - What If?

Sorry to get on my soapbox, but I'm passionate about my work and my vision and I know it can be achieved.

I'm trying a different marketing technique that may backfire, or it may jump start my endeavor. I have three book titles done or almost done and 2 "text books" a few weeks away from release. I plan to release them all at once, rather than one at a time. Cross promoting each of them within the others of course, and with a full web site, blog, and all the other bells and whistles of marketing. My research indicates that indie publishers with more than one title do best, and 5 appears to be a magic title number.

Whether this proves true or not, I will continue on my quest to change the educational world one young mind at a time. LOL

Naomi
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hey, girls, I just noticed this sub forum. It's super. Dunno why I can't subscribe to the whole sub forum. I can only subscribe to each individual thread, or so it seems. I wonder why?

Naomi

mobymom
User offline. Last seen 1 year 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hmmm that might be a job for the Caped Corona Crusader - Super Dev! (dang I hae to stop watching Marvel movies in my off time! LOL)

Viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.