$10 eCPM GUARANTEED. Meet RevMob!

938 replies [Last post]

Replies

guischv
User offline. Last seen 1 year 29 weeks ago. Offline

@rmbsoft -- that came from a CPC campaign!

LairdGames
User offline. Last seen 7 hours 8 min ago. Offline

@Paulo. Thanks! It seems that both removing local (in main.lua) or adding "local RevMob = require('revmob')" in the menu.lua (which I makes it local in that module) works. Not sure which is best? I will assume making the require local to the menu.lua as well is better since it avoids the use of global. Any preference?

Can't wait for Space Command 1.1.0 to be accepted (any day now) where I added the "More Games" button with RevMob. I want to see what result I will get from that. My next step is to release a free version of Space Command with Revmob full screen (and maybe the new iAds banner in addition..not sure about this one yet)

@rmbsoft: I am sorry to hear that! Is this normal for you? What amount of impressions are we talking about? Maybe it is just a glitch?

Mo

rmbsoft
User offline. Last seen 14 hours 14 min ago. Offline

@LairdGames

Normally I get between 1.25 and 4.50 per install, so I was surprised to see 7 cents for the last install.

LairdGames

Oh I see. Yes that is a huge difference. I hope Gui can figure out what is going on...

Thanks for the info.

Mo

guischv

@LairdGames - Hey, Mo! That was a CPC campaign.

LairdGames

@Gui, Hey, I hope you are doing well. I am sure I will sound stupid but I am curious, what is actually a CPC compaign?

Mo

guischv

CPC means cost per click! Sometimes we also pay by the click

LairdGames

Thanks Gui. That's good to know!

Mo

Pers
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 7 hours ago. Offline

Hi Paulo,

Any updates on ads for Amazon?

I get no ads at all in Kindle and can't even use ad links (nothing happens when you click it and Amazon has rejected my app becuase they said the "More Games" button doesn't do anything.

Ads work fine in Android, but on the Kindle.

Thanks!

krystian6
User offline. Last seen 22 hours 15 min ago. Offline

@Pers:

do what I do:
pass a listener to the adlink call and check events.
For events which mean there are no ads simply tell user there are no games available at the time.

Can't really see any other reasonable solution to this.

Unless of course you've got your own games that you want to point to when there's nothing from revmob. Imagine that... I haven't thought about it before lol ;)

juan.csdc
User offline. Last seen 2 days 15 hours ago. Offline

Hi guys,

I'm trying to update my new application to the latest RevMob SDK (4.0), but after session initialization I'm getting the following error (tested on Android)

I/Corona ( 5183): [RevMob] Unknown error: false - attempt to yield across metamethod/C-call boundary

And the app goes incredibly slow, almost unusable

Did this happend to you too?

ivke2006
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

I had the same error.

try to require rev mob before other modules.

so 'local RevMob = require("revmob") ' must be first. That solved the issue for me.

Pers
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 7 hours ago. Offline

Hi krystian6
Thanks for the advice! I will try the listener and point to some of my other products :)
Still, it would be good if RevMob could offer ads for the Kindle, hopefully soon.

juan.csdc

@ivke2006 thanks, that completely solved my problem! thanks for the very fast response

rmbsoft

So whats going on? All of a sudden i get like 7cents installs or whatever that is, and Today. 2 installs for 0.38 cents.

Not happy with this :( I hope revmob doesnt turnout to be like inneractive.

They always told us it was install driven now it changed to cpc? Not cool.

krystian6
User offline. Last seen 22 hours 15 min ago. Offline

@rmbsoft

I think they might not have as many install driven campaigns, that's why they fall back to cpc campaigns.
At least that's what I'm suspecting.

If this is how they operate: fall back to cpc when there are no install driven ones, then I don't mind. I would rather earn 10c than nothing.

A statement from revmob team would be nice though ;)

LairdGames

Hello guys.

My version 1.1 of my game (Space Command) was approved today.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id537840971?mt=8

I was able add a button "more games" to it (adLink) but unfortunately pressing the "more games" now takes me to "api.bcfads,com/" and show an application error page (iPad2 with OS 6.0 and OS 4.3). The funny thing is that it works perfectly on a iphone4 (OS 4.3) Not sure if there is an issue with Revmob server or my app? I am pretty sure that the adhoc version worked both on ipad and iphone before. Anybody having the same issue (ie: using adLink...more games) do not bring you to the app store but to that web site with application error message?

I hope I did not screwed up something and have to send another version to Apple and wait 8 days! The fact it works on iphone point to Revmob server but I am not sure...

Thanks.

Mo

Tomas_Aboites
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 5 hours ago. Offline

Same issue as Laird Games!!! AdLinks going to: "api.bcfads,com/" on the iPad 3.

Works on android devices though.

Any thoughts??

ingemar
User is online Online

I purchased Space Command and can confirm that it works as expected on iPad mini running iOS 6.0.2 :-)
I've also tesed my own app that has an Adlink button and it works on iPod, iPad and iPhone (iOS6).
So, I guess it was some temporary RevMob server error...

Nice game by the way :-)

LairdGames

@ingemar: That was very kind of you! Unfortunately my app still goes to that page ("api.bcfads,com/") it is interesting that you seems to not having a problem with ipad.

Thanks Tomas_Aboites for confirming the issue. I was afraid I was doing something wrong.

Thanks guys, maybe Gui or Paulo can figure what is the problem.

Mo

PS: By the way thank you so much for the great post about fitting the screen. Great stuff!

http://www.swipeware.com/backgrounds-with-no-black-borders-on-appleandroid-devices/

ingemar
User is online Online

Is it trying to go to "api.bcfads,com/"? The comma there looks very suspicious!

paulocheque
User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline

@Pers: We need to investigate your e-mail about the Amazon. This is one of our top priorities. Sorry for the incovenience.

@juan.csdc: We can not solve this issue yet, but the solution proposed by ivke2006 is perfect. Every module that requires socket modules must be imported after the revmob module. We will include that in the documentation.

@krystian6: The logic depends on many variables, but this logic that you imagined is consistent.

@LairdGames and @Tomas_Aboites: The SDK is fine. It may be an error in some campaign, we will check this. Thanks for reporting.

Regards
Paulo
http://twitter.com/paulocheque
http://github.com/paulocheque

LairdGames

@Paulo, works fine now! Thanks

Mo

ivke2006

@Paulo,

We are heading towards 900 postings in this tread and it's not useful if someone is searching for info.

Most third-party tools/modules/ad services/etc have their own forum section.

Why RevMob not?
It's seems to my that coronalabs can make a RevMob section easily and your competitors have their own section. :-)

LairdGames

+1 for a Revmob section. This is becoming ridiculous!

Mo
@LairdGames

syoes
User offline. Last seen 6 days 21 hours ago. Offline

+100 for a RevMob hosted forum / support page & and for them to stop piggy backing on coronas.
-100 for Revmob never doing this

ingemar
User is online Online

+1 for RevMob section!

Continuing to create more and more topics in the same thread is ridiculous... and impossible to navigate.

bcam86
User offline. Last seen 1 year 15 weeks ago. Offline

Hello RevMob team.

I would like to request that you guys include the revmob e-mail account in the paypal payment detail. I receive two paypents each month from 2 different revmob accounts in the same paypal email.

The reason for me is that I develop some apps with a friend and some other apps I develop alone, so I have two revmob accounts and one paypal account. The problems is that I can't figure out which paypent is from which account.

Another thing is: all paypents I receive is "october payment". The value is correct, only the text in the paypal payment details is wrong.

Thanks very much!

Bernardo Camargo

rebelwax
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 14 hours ago. Offline

Is anyone else getting tons of impressions and clicks with no installs tonight? I've had some bad days but this one takes the cake.

juan.csdc

Hi, I have that problem since yesterday, 0 installs! but I tough it was normal, maybe nobody had installed that app.

BrightWaveGames
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

ive been going back and forth with revmob concerning this issue for 2days. hopefully they can see now its not just me and its a problem on their end.

codingcake
User offline. Last seen 1 week 6 days ago. Offline

I also notice this issue.
huge impressed and click (over 5000 times) but 0 installed yesterday.
But it seems to be fixed and re-covered right now .

rebelwax
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 14 hours ago. Offline

I seem to be having an issue with my ads running on my Kindle version. New campaigns have started recently and I'm getting lots of impressions but no clicks or installs. I decided to check it out myself and I noticed that when I click on an ad it just loads up a blank html page in a browser on the Kindle. Anyone else have this issue before?

bpran
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 1 hour ago. Offline

I am new to this ads thing,
the tutorial video on revmob website also gone.

Anyone have any link on how to install this to our code?

Thank you

LairdGames

Hi guys.

Quick note to let you know that I finally sent a free version of my app (Space command ) which uses Revmob. Wish me luck and thank you so much to all you guys for the help these last few months. Of course big thanks to Revmob team!

By the way my current paid version is free for a limited time (1/25) so if you want to check it out this is the time! It had ad link but no ads. The free version will implement full screen.

https://t.co/83t9Mn2z

If do check it, I would enjoy a review if you get the chance.

Can't wait to see the Revmob supported version released (maybe this week if Apple is nice to me:)

Enjoy the game!

Mo
@Lairdgames

JandyCo
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

I'm having trouble getting the following to work:

RevMobFullscreen.new({listener = revmobListener, placementID = placement, autoshow = false})

where placement equals:

placement = { ["Android"] = "5058bc97e658200c00000010", ["iPhone OS"] = "5058bc5f5d9fb60800000001" }

I do not have the exact error with me, but it is due to the placementID inclusion. The error was related to the table.

I am able to use a similar ID table to create and track banners appropriately, where the banner creation does not pass a table of properties but rather two required variables (listener and placementID). However, in the creation of the fullscreen ad, I receive a runtime error which stems from the revmob file.

Can someone verify that this is working correctly, or if necessary correct my usage of it?

Thanks!

rmbsoft

Today I updated my iPad 3 to iOS 6, and discovered I have a problem with revMob, which works fine on my iPad 1 and iOS 5.

As soon as I tap the ad, it goes to the Safari browser (api.bcfads.com/etcetc), and it gets stuck there, never reaches the appstore to show the app.

Anyone else had this problem?

Using the second latest revmob version, not sure which one, revmob.lua doesnt show version info.

paulocheque

@all: We ask for CoronaLabs to create a RevMob forum, we are actually waiting for them now.

@bcam86: please, send your request to contact at revmob.com

@JandyCo: Since you are using the Fullscreen table directly, you must select only one app id, not a table of app ids. We will change that in future releases. That is the reason we create a facade. Be careful if you update the sdk next time.

@rebelwax and @uan.csdc and @codingcake and @rebelwax: please, update your SDK to the latest version. Send e-mail do sdk at revmob.com for any doubts.

@bpran: Please, check the site: sdk.revmob.com/corona

@rmbsoft: You can execute RevMob.printEnvironmentInformation(). Could you send us some logs to sdk at revmob.com?

Regards
Paulo

ivke2006

Hi,

What is the correct way of enable and disable ad units via placement ID's?

I can disable an ad unit if I remove the placement ID in the revmob dashboard, but how to enable it again properly?

Or is it not possible to re-enable it again without submitting a new version of my app to the appstore?

Thanks!

ps. I posted this question a few days ago in the 'other third-party tools' but got no response.

Bladko
User offline. Last seen 18 hours 22 min ago. Offline

@Gui

please fix dashboard panel once and for all :) its completely unproductive, the only nice thing now is reporting, which works great. Would be nice to add checkbox to hide inactive records (0 impressions).

Any API for reporting btw ?

Tom

marshman
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 16 hours ago. Offline

Hey Bladko, I ended up writing a php script to hit the revmob site, grab the authenticity token, log in to the console, fetch the reports for each app, and then parse the DOM to grab the revenue data. I've had that cron'd up for a while to pull their data in like I do from other vendors that have APIs. If that's useful to you let me know.

Jeff

BrightWaveGames
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

@marshman

I would be interested in such a script.

JandyCo
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Thanks Paulo!

One more question, what is the correct way to use placement IDs with the openAdLink method?

paulocheque

4.1.1 release: http://sdk.revmob.com/corona#changelog

@ivke2006: you must not remove the placement id after you release the app. you must enable/disable it.

@Bladko: this feature is still in our pipeline

@JandyCo: Check the 4.1.1 release, but read the change log to use the placement id directly in the objects. Any doubts, you can check the sample app, I included an example of usage for each ad unit.

Regards
Paulo

ivke2006

ahh..just (de)activate the run state..very obvious.. but somehow I didn't thought in that direction. :-)

Thx!

Bladko
User offline. Last seen 18 hours 22 min ago. Offline

now you are saying not to remove placement id if it was live before ? i wonder why my impression are so low... thanks !!

Tom

LairdGames

Hi guys,

GREAT news! I started to getting Revmob revenue! The app went live last night so no much to show for but here today's numbers:

Day: 2013-01-29
Impressions 421
Clicks: 65
Installs: 2
IR: 3.08%
CRT: 15.44%
eCPM: $12.11
Revenue: $5.10

Now the questions!

1- Are these number decent giving your experience or they sucks!

2- I "think" (I need to check on that but I am pretty sure) That I took advantage of the initial kind offer by Revmob to guaranty an eCPM of $10**. It seems that i am doing better with $12.11 but i am trying to figure out if my revenue should not be $20 since I had 2 clicks? Am I wrong with my assumption (probably!) Also is that guaranty has a time limit (assuming again I am in)?

Thanks again for your guys helping get to this point with Revmob and of course big THANKS to the Revmob team. I think right now it looks like it is going a good source of revenue!

By the way if you would like to check out my free version of Space Command, here the link.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id590540185?mt=8

Mo.

** Gui, Paulo: could you check my status about the $10 eCPM guaranty? THANKS!

dingo
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

hey Mo,

first of all, there is no guaranteed eCPM.

second, i think your eCPM is very nice. i have a eCPM around 3-5$, sometimes 8$, sometimes less.

I hope that helps!

ingemar
User is online Online

@dingo
Actually there *was* an offer last year in May where they guaranteed a $10 eCPM if you signed up with them, and LairdGames was one of the lucky 50 devs that got it. I missed it by one day :-(
I'm not sure if the offer was time-limited or not though...

@Mo
Here are some stats from one of my apps for comparison.

Day             Imp.    Clicks  Inst.   IR      CTR     eCPM    Revenue 
2013-01-30      631     155     6       3.87%   24.56%  $16.07  $10.14  
2013-01-29      1,965   520     3       0.58%   26.46%  $2.63   $5.16   
2013-01-28      2,039   470     7       1.49%   23.05%  $7.98   $16.28  
2013-01-27      3,518   763     17      2.23%   21.69%  $10.00  $35.17

dingo
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

@ingemar: i have been one of the lucky 50 but still this offer is not valid. they say that the eCPM would be higher anyway...

Viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.