Why allowed to use on only one system ?

4 replies [Last post]
sheraz.jamshed
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

I purchased Corona, I use Windows for development, so whenever I need to generate build for IOS or test the code written for IOS, I have to Deauthorize my machine and login from Mac machine to make Corona SDK work.

Why do I have to deauthorize and authorize everytime ? Why cant it only be locked for generating builds on other machine and run on Simulator allowed on second machine. I cant use an older free version on Mac as the old version 591 does not have alot of things in it.

Regards

Sheraz

Replies

r.pudlowski
User offline. Last seen 52 weeks 23 hours ago. Offline

i use windows too a lot, and build on Mac after, and never had this problem. Maybye you try to run both at the same time?

rmbsoft
User offline. Last seen 20 hours 35 min ago. Offline

Hi Sheraz,

You can use the Corona simulator on 2 different machines at the same time. I have authorized Corona on both Mac and Windows.

Maybe you have one third machine/account "authorized" at the moment that you do not remember.

Contact support if you need a deactivation: http://developer.anscamobile.com/forms/support

I had the problem before, and after contacting support they reset my authorized computers and i could authorize on both computers again.

producerism
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

I'd highly recommend checking out this thread, and perhaps chiming in!

https://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/10/03/de-authorize-corona-website-dashboard

I agree that Windows users are at an obvious disadvantage, because Mac can export to both Android and iOS, while Windows can only export to Android.

So if you have a Mac desktop, and a mac laptop - 2 licenses is all you would ever need between being in the office, or on the road. For windows users however, it's much more difficult. The best workaround I can think of, is to make the deauthorization process easier. There have been times where I needed to deauthorize one of my licenses to run on another machine I no longer had access to (e.g. virtual machine) - and since support requests are only answered during weekdays, if you need help resetting a license during a weekend, you're out of luck.

sheraz.jamshed
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks rmbsoft,

I 'll contact Support and I hope its solved just as you mentioned.

cheers bye!

Viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.