Scene Manager V1.3 - Now handles all timers and transitions

15 replies [Last post]
Danny
User offline. Last seen 39 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Staff

Hey all. New update to Scene Manager.

Changes:

*) Added Ansca Copyrights
*) Added create timer along with pause, resume and cancel all created timers.
*) Added create transition along with cancel all transitions.
*) Scene manager will free memory and manage all your transitions and timers provided they are created using the scene manager api to create them

Please see included samples (mainMenu.lua and timerandtransition.lua) to see the new features in action and see how to use them.

As usual download from here: http://code.google.com/p/scene-manager/downloads/list

This code was tested by myself for a short period of time. If you find any bugs please report them here. Thank you

Replies

TandG
User offline. Last seen 17 hours 17 min ago. Offline

sounds awesome!

I'll have to check it out/use it for my next project.

Good work :)

PixelEnvision
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Nice work, thx!

I'm planning to use that in our next project instead of director, I'll report how that goes...

bejoy
User offline. Last seen 2 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Nice work Danny..

david97
User offline. Last seen 2 years 29 weeks ago. Offline

Nice work Danny!

Just wondering, why this error message was displayed in the demo:

Error: onStart must be a function
Error: onComplete must be a function

Why is it reported as an error in the demo?

Thanks!

-David

robmiracle
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

David, as I was looking through the sample code in timerandTransitions.lua it looks like one of the callbacks is trying to call a function called "test" which doesn't exist. I didn't look that closely at the code and I've not tried to run it it.

Danny, I'm glad to see this grow, but I need one thing that Director has and that's popup's. I need to be able to show a screen and return to the one I'm on, which being able to pause timers and transitions would be very helpful towards implementing a popup!

Danny
Staff

Thanks for the feedback guys, missed that. I have uploaded a fixed version to google code.

@rob: Provided testing of the new features goes to plan then I aim to implement a popup scene feature in the next version seen as it appears to be a heavily requested feature

Puzzle Runner
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

+1 on popups. Definitely need that before considering switching from director.

But since you're ansca staff. This shouldn't be something we need to chase down from google, add to our projects, and read code to use. You should integrate it into the core, add the APIs to the docs, and just have us choose to use it or not with a require. I guess that's just a pet-peeve of mine though :)

Danny
Staff

That will come in time yeah :) But for now until it's in it's final feature form it's best to keep it separate.

Uploaded a new version to google code with the following fixes / additions

*) Fixed tranTime parameter not working ie (tranTime = 1000)
*) added missing delay parameter (ie delay = 400)
*) added missing transition parameter (ie transition = easing.inOutExpo)

david97
User offline. Last seen 2 years 29 weeks ago. Offline

Just a thought... This would make a great Blog topic with examples and more explanation.

-David

Chang Kian Boon
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Danny, just want to know are you going to continue to support SceneManager since the Storyboard API is not very stable yet. So I plan to use SceneManager for my game instead.

Thanks. =)

Danny
Staff

Well storyboard was based off scene manager so i guess i have no immediate plans to update it. If there is enough interest in scene manager being continued however I would be open to reconsider :)

martin.edmaier
User offline. Last seen 1 year 30 weeks ago. Offline

please i update it i use it for one of my games.

Danny
Staff

@Martin, what do you have in mind by "update"?

Puzzle Runner
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

I figured the above post was bound to happen somewhere eventually :P

peach pellen
User offline. Last seen 1 year 44 weeks ago. Offline
Alumni

@Puzzle Runner - me too. I am a little surprised it wasn't any sooner to be honest with you. Either way, removed ;)

(For future reference this post and the above by Puzzle Runner refer to a spam post RE selling Diablo 3 gold... like any of us developers actually have time to play games, anyway!)

Viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.