Nook API Shop Details

9 replies [Last post]
ChristianArca
User offline. Last seen 1 year 40 weeks ago. Offline

Any chance of being able to get this into Corona SDK? Super super super interested in this. Or if anyone has any ideas on a work around. Obviously accessing native code is a no go but just a thought.

Really really really interested in getting this going!

http://onnook.org/2011/06/15/nook-api-shop-details-com-bn-sdk-shop-details/

import android.content.Intent;
Intent i = new Intent();
i.setAction( "com.bn.sdk.shop.details" );
i.putExtra( "product_details_ean" , "2940043350251" );
startActivity( i );

Replies

carlos m. icaza
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Alumni

we are working with nook on nook specficic intents - but no ETA

c.

ChristianArca
User offline. Last seen 1 year 40 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks Carlos!

DavidBFox
User offline. Last seen 15 hours 27 min ago. Offline

Any update to Nook Intents ETA?

kbradford
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 17 hours ago. Offline

I'm also very interested in this. I'm not sure how else I can have my free app promote and link to my full app.

carlos m. icaza
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Alumni

we have IAP for android first. then amazon, then nook.

see blog for video and some details.

c

enginortan
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

What is the status of SHOP API for Nook. B&N kepp rejecting my app due to this issue. I can not submit free trial app without shop api.

Thanks

silentlogicstudios
User offline. Last seen 1 year 39 weeks ago. Offline

Almost 1 year and this feature is still not there. Nor is Amazon IAP and Nook IAP.

Naomi
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 10 min ago. Offline

@enginortan, do you mean B&N will reject free/trial version of a NOOK app if SHOP API isn't included in the free/trial version? If that's the case, does it also mean only version that B&N approves is a version that users have to pay before they can access the app. (And I guess that's why we can't get the rate-it direct link from within the app...?) Hmmmmm...

Naomi

Edit: It appears when I made a reply post, it became double posts. When I deleted one of the two, it deleted both (instead of one of the two). So... I'm putting back the original post...

Joshua Quick
User offline. Last seen 10 hours 47 min ago. Offline
Staff

Everyone,

We've recently added a new API called native.showPopup("rateApp") that will display the "Write Review" window for your app from the app store that it was downloaded from. It supports the following app stores:
- iTunes App Store
- Google Play
- Samsung App Store
- Amazon App Store
- Nook App Store

Here is a quick example of how to call this function.

local settings =
{
    iOSAppId = "Your iOS App's ID",
    nookAppEAN = "Your Nook App's EAN",
    supportedAndroidStores = { "samsung", "google", "amazon", "nook" },
}
native.showPopup("rateApp", settings)

You only need to provide an app ID and EAN on iOS and Nook respectively. No additional information is required for Google Play, Amazon, or Samsung app stores since they use your app's package name as the ID.

The supportedAndroidStores setting is needed in case your app was not installed by an app store (such as via "adb install"), in which case Corona has to guess which app store it belongs to. Corona does this by hunting down all of the app stores installed on the Android device and it picks one of those stores, but only if it is in your supported list.

This new feature will be made available in daily build #907, tomorrow. We've also update the documentation for the native.showPopup() function in that daily build's API docs.

Viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.