Feature Request

8 replies [Last post]
carlos m. icaza
User offline. Last seen 2 years 1 week ago. Offline
Alumni

our ever growing pile of features just never stops :-) which is great because we get to hear from you firsthand what features you want.

one thing i would like your help is that since we have the bug base and it has been functional now for quite a few months now is to also start using it as a way to add and track features.

if you want a feature in the product, enter it as a bug, and in the comments - add - this is a feature request. Then once you have a ticket number, enter it here along with the forum post. that way, I, along with my staff when we scour the forums, we know that the item has a ticket and we can track inside of it as well or comment on it right away.

i think i make sense on what am trying to say.

C.

Replies

amigoni
User offline. Last seen 1 year 11 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Carlos,
With all due respect. Wouldn't it be easier to just modify your form to add feature request and put a new link in here?

I think it would be a mess for the whole community to learn this new process, especially since very few people are going to read this post.

carlos m. icaza
Alumni

it would be easier if .....

;-)

c.

Stephen Lewis
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 50 min ago. Offline

Is it really going to be easier to manage 87 "bugs" for an identical feature request ("native adMob support yadda yadda")? Who at Ansca wants to go through and close all those bugs once a feature is implemented?

carlos m. icaza
Alumni

simple : duplicate of -> xyz

c.

khanh.dq
User offline. Last seen 4 days 3 hours ago. Offline
StefanHQ
User offline. Last seen 1 year 6 weeks ago. Offline
developerdave
User offline. Last seen 1 year 2 weeks ago. Offline

Is using the same bug tracker instance for both features and bugs a good idea? You're not going to be able to differentiate them easily given we're not providing a filter-compatible identifier to distinguish features, other than the comment you've suggested adding.

It would be more sensible to create a second bug tracker instance on a separate server, then remove from it the required 'steps to reproduce' and file selection fields. These two are currently required for submission, yet are irrelevant for feature requests.

~ D

tbuchler
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Not sure this is the right place to ask, but:

Is there a timetable for fixing the missing scrollbars in ScrollView and TableView widgets that have not worked in a great many monhts, or is there a workaround?

I filed a support request on this on June 8 (Case 14828), a bug report on June 2 (Case 14011) and have not received a response. Regarding the bug report, I see the bug in the FogBugz list, but clicking on the item returns, 'No case was found associated with the ticket 14011_e392kbnjcsfvs0u".

I'm looking to release product to the Apple Store in about a month or so, and am not comfortable releasing with these features missing.

-Tom

Viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.