FusePowered

Corona Comics not working on Windows

4 replies [Last post]
d3mac123
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Trying to run a simple Comics on Windows (Galaxy Tab view), I get the following error in the console:
WARNING: display.setStatusBarMode() not supported in the simulator for the current device

Runtime error ..\\Reader.lua:449: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'startX'

stack traceback:
[C]: ?
..\\Reader.lua:449: in fuction <..\

Anyone having the same issue? The build I am using is 2011.288

Thanks,
Alex

Replies

carlos m. icaza
User offline. Last seen 2 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Alumni

find out where startX is --- it can't find startX ---- it is either nil or not declared.

c.

Tim
User offline. Last seen 3 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Alumni

I just ran the Comics sample app in the Window simulator without any errors. Do you get this error on launch, or after you interact with the comic (change page, eg)?

Tim

d3mac123
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Tim, the Comic sample works for me too (I think because it is in Portrait). my error (happens before any interaction) occurs on Landscape format, although it does not stop execution in the Simulator.

Also, in landscape mode, the image renders wrongly, and the swipe works like in Portrait (see the arrows):

any idea on how to fix that?
Alex

phongyewtong
User offline. Last seen 2 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

i got the error too "WARNING: display.setStatusBarMode() not supported in the simulator for the current device" not only for comic but all most of the project

Viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.